Controlling the Running GameMay 26, 2021
Interview with 2024 Braeden WeckmanMay 28, 2021
10 Things to Consider About Schools When Deciding
By: Andy Partin
Want College Exposure? Sign-up for our Summer Showcase June 29!
Where you decide to go to college is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make. I’ve come up with a list of 10 factors to weigh out and consider when deciding on the school (not the athletic program).
Things to weigh out and consider (in no particular order):
1) Price of School – If you can’t afford the school cross it off the list.
2) Distance From Home – Some kids don’t mind being far away and some like to be close enough to come home for the weekends.
3) Private vs Public – This can be a big deal to some families and also private schools usually have more aid due to the private funding.
4) Types of Majors & Degrees Available – Not everybody is going to play professional baseball for a living so major in something you have interest in doing.
5) Classroom Sizes – Some kids can be successful in a huge auditorium setting while others need smaller classrooms.
6) Campus Facilities/Academic Support Resources – Different schools have different types of facilities and academic centers. Make sure you see these on your visit.
7) Rural vs City – Sometimes small-town kids can’t handle big-city college life and vice versa.
8) On-Campus Housing – On-campus housing tends to be safer (drugs, alcohol, etc) than off-campus since it’s monitored more closely.
9) Meal Plans – Better have a good one!
10) Extracurricular Activities – Student life is very important.
Be sure to consider all of these factors before making that big decision! Good luck!